The Sonoris Multiband Compressor
The Sonoris Multiband Compressor is a versatile multiband compressor suitable for mastering or mixing. It is a very transparent compressor that can also have some character if needed.
Top quality filters
The Sonoris Multiband Compressor has three independent frequency bands followed by three compressors based on the Sonoris Compressor. The three bands are created with special designed filters to avoid phase cancellation problems. These filters are known as Linkwitz-Riley crossover filters and have a very natural, analog like quality. By design they mix back flat. They don’t introduce delay and are more efficient in use, unlike linear phase filters.
Shape to your liking
Transparency can be achieved by selecting auto-release and opto envelope emulation together with two soft knees. If a more warm sound is needed you can, for example, choose RC envelope emulation with a harder knee.
See what you’re doing
The Sonoris Multiband Compressor has three high resolution gain reduction meters and a transfer graph so you can actually see what you are doing. The ratio is allowed to be lower than 1 so it’s also an expander. Maximum ratio is infinite.
Create a multiband meter
The individual bands can also set to limiting, what results in a multiband limiter.
Finish it off with a limiter
The output section of the Sonoris Multiband Compressor also features a limiter. This guarantees that the output will never exceed the 0dB point. This limiter can also be used as an effect to warm up a signal.
Processing in the MS domain
The Sonoris Multiband Compressor is able to process one channel only. With this feature, in combination with the Sonoris MS Codec, it is possible to perform very powerful processing in the MS domain.
- Phase correct Linkwitz-Riley crossover filters
- Wide crossover ranges
- Ratio ranging from 0.5:1 to infinity for compression, expansion and limiting
- Attack ranging from 0 msec to 1 sec. Totally clickfree, even at low values
- Selectable auto-attack on each band
- Release ranging from 1 msec to 5 sec
- Selectable auto-release on each band
- Threshold ranging from -60 dBfs to 0 dBfs
- Very flexible knee setting from hard to soft in 100 steps
- A second knee that enables the compressor to adjust the ratio back to 1:1 above the threshold. Also adjustable in 100 steps from hard to soft knee
- Two envelope types, RC and Opto
- Mode: Normal, sidechain signal is the sum of left and right
- Mode: Highest, sidechain signal is the highest value of the left and right channel, for multiband limiting
- Mode: Left channel only for use with the Sonoris MS Codec plugin
- Mode: Right channel only, as above
- Output section limiter with limiter-action dependant light
- Mousewheel support, including global when holding the control key
- The gain transfers are shown graphically in real-time
- Three high resolution gain reduction meters
- Make up gain ranging from -25 dB to +25 dB
- Four level meters
- Track following
- Full automation possible
- Controls can be adjusted simultaneous for all bands
- Low CPU load
- Settings can be saved
- 64 bit integer math, except for the crossover filter code
- TPDF dither is used to convert the 64 bit signal back to SAW format. The dither is generated in assembly language
o jeden z nejlepších multiband pluginů na trhu vůbec. / One of the best multiband plugins on the market.