The Sonoris DDP Creator is a standalone cross-platform CD authoring application compatible with virtually any DAW software on the market. The DDP Creator lets you assemble professional RedBook
compatible audio CD's and supports the import and export of DDP 2.00 images and Cue Sheet (cue) files. It also enables you to burn and rip audio CD's and send off images with FTP.
With the DDP Creator you can assemble a RedBook compatible CD by just dropping mastered 16 bit wav or aif files on the workspace and set the track order. After that you can adjust the spaces between tracks and audition this by playing back the transition from one track into another. Then edit the PQ points, ISRC, MCN and CD-Text data. Finally export to DDP, Cue Sheet or CD and print a PQ sheet if needed.
The main feature of the DDP Creator is the sample accurate export of the CD project to a DDP 2.00 fileset. The industry standard DDP protocol is supported by all major CD replication plants and ensures an error free transfer and manufacturing of your masters. No more need to burn a physical master CD any more!
DDP import (loadback)
Besides DDP export the DDP Creator can import (loadback) a DDP fileset too, including DDP images made by other software, like Bias Peak Studio (XT), Sonic Studio HD, SADiE, Sequoia or Pyramix. This feature allows you to check the project including all PQ codes, ISRC, MCN and CD-Text data. You can edit the project, playback tracks and export to DDP, Cue Sheet or burn a Redbook compatible CD from it.
The Pro option allows even more control and adds Enhanced CD support to the DDP Creator. You can create Enhanced CD DDP filesets from within the program by adding an ISO file to an audio project. This can be an (Hybrid) ISO file made with for example Toast or an ISO file made with the DDP Creator by converting a folder holding the data files.
Most DDP software packages or add-ons are very expensive, but the DDP Creator is competitively priced. Together with the powerful import features it is the perfect choice for everyone who needs a professional CD authoring and DDP solution without the need to switch to another DAW software. For example, you have assembled a CD in your favorite audio editor but need to deliver a DDP fileset? Simply add audio files or use one of the powerful import features like .cue Cue Sheet files from Wavelab, CD Architect .wav image files or Pyramix .pmi files or rip a CD and then export the project to DDP.
An iOS version of the DDP Player is included. The installation is simple, just download the free DDP Player app in the Apple App Store and use your serial number to unlock it. The DDP Player for iOS supports DropBox for easy DDP file import.
- Supports import and export of .wav, aif, .flac and .m3u files
- MP3 and AAC encoding, up to 320 kbps
- Re-ordering of tracks
- Add/edit ISRC, MCN and CD Text per track and/or for the entire project
- Add/edit track indices, including on the fly during playback
- Playback of individual tracks or entire project
- Adjust and playback transitions between tracks, with pre-roll
- Export DDP 2.00 image files
- Import DDP 1.0x and 2.00 image files
- Cue Sheet (cue) support
- Undo / Redo
- Pyramix .pmi CD image support
- CD Architect .cda CD image support
- CD Text binary file import and export
- Audio CD burning
- Audio CD import (ripping)
- Data CD/DVD burning
- MD5 checksum files automatically created
- MD5 checking
- MD5 checker (Win/Mac) executable included in DDP image
- Red Book compliance checking
- PQ Sheet .pdf export with additional project fields
- Safe FTP uploading of DDP images, with verify of the uploaded data and resume of broken uploads
- Waveform display with zooming
- Edit functionality, moving and trimming of wave objects
- Replace source audio file (in case of a revision)
- Reading ISRC codes embedded in .wav file following the MPG / EBU standard
- Peak meters
- Edit functionality, moving and trimming of wave objects
- Automatic Updates
- Easy Online License Activation
- USB drive based license activation for offline computers
- Universal iOS version of the DDP Player (iPad and iPhone) with DropBox support included
The Pro version adds even more functionality to the DDP Creator:
- Vinyl mastering
- No Clip MP3 and AAC encoding
- Loudness measurement and normalization of tracks according to the ITU-R BS.1770-2 / EBU R128
- Edit CD Text, ISRC or MCN of an existing DDP without rewriting the DDP image file
- Adjustable gain per track
- Adding fades and crossfades, exponential and S-curve
- Dithering to 16-bit (if needed) with TPDF, HP-TPDF and three separate noise shaping flavors
- Automatic file tagging for .flac, .mp3 and .m4a files using CD text data
- Enhanced CD support
- Import of CD text with .csv files
- 24 and 32 bit file support
- 24/32-bit file export capability
- Export files with variable naming (%track name%)
- ISRC codes embedded in .wav file following the MPG / EBU standard
- EBU R128 compliant loudness metering
- True Peak metering
- Custom PQ sheet logo
- DDP encryption
Current owners of a Standard license can upgrade to the Pro version here:
Enhanced CD authoring
Besides audio data a CD can also hold computer data like images, videos, songtexts or even program files. A CD with such additional data is called an Enhanced CD (a.k.a. CD Extra or CD Plus). It is possible to add data in the space before the first track or as a separate data session on the CD. The DDP Creator supports the extra session as this is the most common and compatible format. When an Enhanced CD is played back in a normal CD player it will
play just like any other audio CD. But when this CD is opened on a Windows PC or Mac it will show the data session as an extra drive.
The Pro version will unlock full Enhanced CD DDP support. With this option you can open and export Enhanced CD DDP files and CD's. Adding a data session to an existing DDP fileset is also possible.
No Clip Encoding
Encoding audio to .mp3 or .m4a (AAC) can introduce clipping even if the source audio is free from clipping. To prevent this you have to attenuate the source audio. But how much attenuation is needed? This is where No Clip Encoding will help. It will encode and on-the-fly decode and analyse the decoded audio. It then adjusts the pre-encoder attenuation by the correct amount to prevent clipping.
If you want all tracks of an album to receive the same attenuation then enable Album Mode.
System requirements Windows:
System requirements Mac:
- Mac OSX 10.7 or higher
- Processor type Intel needed for CD burning and ISO file manipulation functions
System requirements iOS:
A very convenient feature of the Pro version is vinyl mastering mode. This mode is active as soon as you choose one of the tracks as start of side B of your vinyl project. This effectively splits the project in a side A and B. A stereo phase correlation meter will appear and you can use it to prevent any problems in the cutting stage. Export of the project will result in 2 audio files, 1 for each side, in 16, 24 or 32 bits wav, aif or flac. format. Generate a pdf tracklist to send with the master files to the cutting plant.
"This really makes life much easier and more professional at the same time! Believe it or not: There are still people out there mastering in Toast... We at QUINTON RECORDS work in Pyramix but sometimes need to transfer things to MAC and so your dual-platform approach can save lives!"
Eigentümer und Geschäftsführer,
QUINTON Musik und Kommunikations GmbH